Imagine finding the perfect home, only to discover serious interest from at least a dozen other buyers. It’s like scrambling for the last piece of cake at a buffet!
Fortunately, there are things you can do to help get the home you want, even in a highly competitive market. Here are just a few ideas:
- Only view a few ideal properties at a time. If you see too many and thus spread yourself too thin, you risk homes slipping through your fingers.
- Be realistic about the price. Focus on finding a great home you can afford rather than trying to find a bargain.
- Consider homes that need some work. They get less interest than perfectly staged properties, yet they can turn out to be dream homes.
- Be prepared to make an offer with as few conditions as possible. An offer conditional on passing inspection is usually fine, but offers with other conditions will likely be turned down flat in a competitive situation.
- Make your decisions quickly. If there are likely other interested buyers, you want to get your offer in early.
- Make the right offer. To win the deal, you want your offer to be as enticing as possible to the seller — especially when it comes to price.
Yes, finding an ideal home in a hot market can be tough, but I can help. Give me a call, and I’ll show you how.
Until next time,